epson printer problems

auckland 19:48 29 Jul 2009

My Epson stylus photo r200will not print from my computer it only starts to print when i shut the computer down but it works fine if iam printing of the internet this problem only started about three weeks ago can anyone help PLEASE

bobbybluenose 19:53 29 Jul 2009

try this click here

LAP 19:59 29 Jul 2009

Have you tried: Restore to a date 3 weeks plus when it was working. Or uninstall and start again?

LAP 17:30 31 Jul 2009

How did you get on?

rdave13 18:37 31 Jul 2009

I've always found that with Sony printer drivers it's always best to install just the basic driver and forget the rest. Install from 'advanced' option from the CD instalation disc.

woodchip 19:15 31 Jul 2009

best method is uninstall from add remove, do a search for Epson the delete what it finds. then Reinstall Printer Software from CD

BT 07:46 01 Aug 2009

Not always the best option. The Drivers supplied on the CD with my D92 printer were faulty and after the first use the Epson Status Monitor was impossible to shut down. The drivers downloaded from the Epson website worked OK.

Motto - Get the latest drivers from the manufacturers website.

rdave13 14:51 01 Aug 2009

Same printer. Installed the whole lot and had problems with the status monitor just like yourself. Uninstalled and just installed the basic driver from the disc and works ok.

BT 16:44 01 Aug 2009

Yes, seems it was a general problem with this printer. Lots of people had problems with it. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't know how to solve it. It is/was an entry level printer so was probably bought by many people who were perhaps not so computer savvy as most of us here and wouldn't know where to get help. A bit amiss of Epson to put out a dodgy CD.

LAP 18:55 01 Aug 2009

Is there anybody there? :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?