Epson Printer Problem

Legolas 19:19 07 Nov 2006

I have an Epson Photo RX420 All In One Printer. A while ago it ran out of ink so I bought some compatible inks and installed them. When I tried to print I got a very faint print both in B&W and colour. I thought I had installed them wrongly as there seemed to be a bit of ink leaking. I tried cleaning the heads through the maintenance app in the printer properties but their was no improvement. I left it for a couple of months and then decided to buy new cartridges. I received them today and installed them and yes you've guessed it they don't work either. Anyone any idea what I can do or any idea of the problem. I HATE PRINTERS. ;-)

jack 19:23 07 Nov 2006

Epso have been getting a bit miffed of late over all these compats.
So its possible you have the wrong sort of compats

Choice Stationery have their own version[at the moment] which make are yours.

Legolas 21:14 07 Nov 2006

S-Vision from Disk depot.

woodchip 21:35 07 Nov 2006

You left it too long Ink as dried in the jets. You could try Cleaning Carts as you should when changing inks. As the chemicals may interreact. click here
AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

Legolas 21:46 07 Nov 2006

Hi woodchip.Thanks for the suggestion and the link looks like I need a separate cleaner for each colour. I REALLY hate printers ;-)

woodchip 21:51 07 Nov 2006

Do not delay, it may already be too late

Stuartli 22:35 07 Nov 2006

I leave my Epson R300 (six cartridges) permanently switched on.

jack 10:47 08 Nov 2006

Wood chip is certainly correct
Printers will dry out if left for long periods
make a print -full colour every couple of days.
There is a suggestion as Stuartli says leaving an Epson printer on - helps- though I do not know why.

Making a jet cleaning tool is simple thing to do if you are DIY minded.
What you need is a small syringe, a piece of fine polythene tube to fit over the ink supply spigot[the pointy bit that goes into the cart in the cart chamber,and some alcohol[ Isopropanol if you can get it or Vodka/ Window cleaner] fill the syringe - connect up and pump back and forth several times- re insert the cart do a clean,

Two sites for you to look at click here
an Epson utility for controlling the ink.
And click here
Full of pritner hints and tips.

jack 10:47 08 Nov 2006

Wood chip is certainly correct
Printers will dry out if left for long periods
make a print -full colour every couple of days.
There is a suggestion as Stuartli says leaving an Epson printer on - helps- though I do not know why.

Making a jet cleaning tool is simple thing to do if you are DIY minded.
What you need is a small syringe, a piece of fine polythene tube to fit over the ink supply spigot[the pointy bit that goes into the cart in the cart chamber,and some alcohol[ Isopropanol if you can get it or Vodka/ Window cleaner] fill the syringe - connect up and pump back and forth several times- re insert the cart do a clean,

Two sites for you to look at click here
an Epson utility for controlling the ink.
And click here
Full of pritner hints and tips.

Legolas 10:59 08 Nov 2006

Thanks for all your replies & suggestions. I have got it to work, how you might ask? by removing the yellow stripes on the side that say in large black letters "PULL HERE"

I think because the last refills I bought didn't work and I couldn't get them to work whatever I did, I was expecting the worse this time and had decided it was a printer problem rather than an operator problem. I was taught at college that when dealing with a problem with computer hardware/software or peripherals always to look for the simple things first and not to jump to conclusions if I had followed that advice I would have saved myself some time. Red faced I am. I still Hate Printers ;-)

Legolas 11:14 08 Nov 2006

By the way good sites jack thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?