Epson printer printing blank pages only

Halmer 10:49 03 Jan 2006

Sorry I haven't got all the details but a chap that I work with has installed his new Epson printer and Packard Bell PC.

He says that he followed the printer instructions and got a message saying that it has been installed OK and yet it doesn't print.

It will scan but doesn't seem to be picking anything up from his PC.

Any ideas please?

€dstowe 10:50 03 Jan 2006

Has he removed the seals on the ink cartridges?

Halmer 11:24 03 Jan 2006

I've just given him a bell at work and he can't remember. He will check when he gets in tonight.

Thanks for your help.

Stuartli 11:33 03 Jan 2006

Also check Printer Preferences - I have an Epson R300 for which you have to set various parameters according to requirements (text, photos etc) and choose which you wish to use before starting printing.

Stuartli 11:37 03 Jan 2006

One other point - did your friend initialise the printer's cartridges first (i.e. press the Maintenance button after installing the cartridges)?

Halmer 11:38 03 Jan 2006

I'll pass these comments (and any others that I receive)to him so that he can check tonight.

spuds 11:48 03 Jan 2006

On my Epson C86,and I believe this applies to other Epson's, it recommends that you slightly shake the cartridges before installation. Then remove seal strip. I would also suggest that he removes the cartridges and re-install,and check the device pop-up, to see if it is registering all the cartridges, especially if they are chipped versions.

Halmer 13:19 05 Jan 2006

but he tells me that when he does a test page from the printer it prints OK so ink must be getting through.

When he checks the ink levels through the PC they are all showing as empty. When he prints from the PC it sounds like its printing but no colour/black comes out.

spuds 19:25 05 Jan 2006

Could be a driver issue. Check for latest drivers or try this click here

jack 20:02 05 Jan 2006

Epson is very particular about how drivers are installed.
Any A/V software must be turned off.
The test pages printed.It is a page geenerated from within the printer on commasnd from the computer- The PC plays no further part.
This proves two things
The Cartridges are OK.- It delivered a printed page.
The printer is connected.

You mentioned He did a 'scan' and the printer delivered a blank.
This suggests an allinone device- correct?
So the Scanner software needs looking at or his understanding of what to do more likely.

Halmer 20:52 05 Jan 2006

RX425

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017