Epson printer preferences page

Schopenhauer 11:55 19 Dec 2009

A friend has an Epson RX600 printer running on XP.
She wants to change from portrait to landscape, but when she presses the 'preference' button the page appears too large for the screen and she cannot scroll down far enough to reach the portrait/landscape option. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. She has tried changing the screen resolution, font size, etc to no avail, and I can't think of anything else to do.

Woolwell 12:30 19 Dec 2009

It shouldn't be like that. Possibly un-install and re-install the printer nay solve the problem.

Pamy 13:00 19 Dec 2009

look at the bottem of the screen and see if it gives you a persentage, ie. 100%, 125% etc, if so right click on it and you may be able to reduce it.

Schopenhauer 17:05 22 Dec 2009

Sorry not to have replied before, been waiting for feedback. It seems I got it wrong, it's not that it fills the screen, it's that only the top part of the page appears. It seems that it has worked properly in the past, and may have gone wrong after updating Adobe Acrobat, so at my suggestion she has done a System Restore, to before that, but no luck. Reinstalling did not help either. I think it will have to wait now until after Xmas, when I can have look at it myself.
Thanks for you replies.

Schopenhauer 21:21 02 Jan 2010

Well I eventually got to see this PC and the preference page was as stated, it sat in the centre of the the screen but the frame was slightly too small to show the configuration options and there seemed no way to enlarge it. However, I did find a 'Help' button which stated that the usual way to set the configuration was via whatever software was being used, not this page.
So we went back to the software package and everything worked fine, although my friend is adamant that it did not work for her.
Years ago I had connections to Post Office Telephones. Many faults were recorded as CWL, Cleared while Localising, I think that's what happened here.
I submit this post in case it is of interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?