Epson Printer not showing Ink Levels

TN 19:39 30 Sep 2010

I have an Epson R300 Photo Printer and it has suddenly grayed out the Ink Level columns; The tab under the columns that normally says 'Show Ink Levels' now says 'Reset Defaults' but when this is pressed nothing happens! The ink cartridges are at least 80% full so that is not the problem. I have un-installed and reinstalled the Ink Monitoring software and had it confirmed that it was correctly installed. I have also completely un-installed the printer and all relevant bits of the registry and still no result. Has anyone any idea what the problem is as everything was perfect up until yesterday - BTW I have not installed any new software are made any changes to the computer in the last few weeks. Any help appreciated

northumbria61 20:21 30 Sep 2010

This explains why ink levels are "greyed out" and a possible solution - make sure you read down to bottom of page. click here

northumbria61 20:23 30 Sep 2010

Sorry - Correct LINK here click here

woodchip 20:31 30 Sep 2010

Download Status Monitor click here

northumbria61 20:43 30 Sep 2010

Woodchip - would you care to post the correct LINK (I appear to have the same problem tonight)

woodchip 20:49 30 Sep 2010

On that link press Drivers button for the printer, status monitor near bottom of list

woodchip 20:51 30 Sep 2010

I am now getting a redirected page to buy, so going to shut down and clear rubbish then reboot

woodchip 21:05 30 Sep 2010

If you turn Scripting Off it cannot redirect you.

northumbria61 21:15 30 Sep 2010

Woodchip - thanks

woodchip 21:18 30 Sep 2010

Just ran a Scan with Malawarebits it found 1 object that disabled Security Centre I removed it. I think it was picked up in the Epson Site, as I was have problems with the site, and a box popped up about scripting not working and to stop it running

woodchip 21:21 30 Sep 2010

Just checked it must be this site that as the problem as it redirects with scripting turned on but stops it if its turned off. I will inform FE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?