Epson Printer. Can anyone help

Tooley88 00:33 12 Dec 2008

Hi All, my epson CX5200 printer was working OK then a message came up saying "some parts have reached the end of their life, call an engineer". I kept on working with it for some time, it then stopped working with message "call engineer" so now I can't even move the cartridge carrier to it's remove position. Anyone any idea's.
Regards, Tooley.

MCE2K5 01:08 12 Dec 2008

Press Stop/maintenenance and power buttons for about 10 secs you should then get message counters reset.

mooly 08:20 12 Dec 2008

It's Epsons way of extracting money. They deem the waste ink pad full, so the printer locks up and needs reseting. Do a Google search for your model and " reset waste ink counter ".
MCE2K5 suggestion may work on your model, not on some of the later ones. Let us know how you get on.
Just out of interest how much printing have you done/how old is it ? Ech time you power it up it goes through a cleaning cycle that uses ink that gets dumped in the waste pads, when the software thinks it's had enough of that it stops working.

Tooley88 16:20 12 Dec 2008

Hi All,

Thanks to MCE2K5 & mooly, the "press stop button" didn't work, but thanks. I then did a google search which brought up quite a lot of information, but used 2 sites SSCServe & HM2K.com & downloaded a small programme which covers a lot of printers & solves a numbers of problems. My printer is 4 years old I do a fair amount of printing inc. photo's, I use a CRISS ink supply. Just shows there must have been a lot of printers thown on scrap heap because of these manufactures internal tricks.

Thanks again for your help.

Tooley

Tooley88 16:26 12 Dec 2008

Hi again,

Rsf my last post, I forgot to say printer is up and working well, and as a bonus I ran the programme on a 8 year old Epson Stylus 680 & it brought that back to life also.

This is a great forum, My festive good wishes to all connected to the site.

Regards, Tooly

mooly 16:32 12 Dec 2008

That's great to hear. My Epsons two year old now, I am waiting for the dreaded message-- I don't really do that much printing though. Its a later DX4050, and non of the common utilities will reset it, but I do have a reset program ( not trying it till it's needed ) stored away and waiting.
Anyway, good to hear a success story.

woodchip 19:53 12 Dec 2008

Not known to many is that Printers usually also have a small battery that does need renewing over time. This is on top of things above

Stuartli 23:28 12 Dec 2008

I regularly post this link(!):

click here

Also SSC is well worth downloading:

click here

Spark6 23:34 12 Dec 2008

For future reference for a D88.

mooly 07:24 13 Dec 2008

And has anyone tried this,
click here
for new Epson's.

jack 07:40 13 Dec 2008

The piece describes work on an R200/300 series
If you can find the access it will work for any other Epson machine

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?