epson picturemate paper error

bic biro 00:35 20 Apr 2007

i was printing a picture out with this printer when the electricity blew in house resulting in picture sticking halfway through,as power was resumed it informed me to press ok,so i did this an paper came out,no tears or cuts nothing left in printer,however on the display it now tell me to remove the jammed paper and press ok button,cant get rid of it now or use printer,is there anyway of resetting this printer at all to clear this message.
ps its one of the first epson p/mates

jack 10:59 20 Apr 2007

The various models of Epson printer usually have a method of resetting the machine by simultaneously pressing a combination of buttons whilst the machine is off the and holding down those button switching on and hold till you get the appropriate response
Different models different buttons however and it is a workshop trick so does not appear in a user manual,so it is a game of suck it and see.
Two more things to consider
a utility that the manipulated Epson printers when installed- right click the task bar icon and a little panel of options comes up for you to play with.
click here

click here
is a forum and a load of tips and hints for all printers.

bic biro 18:22 20 Apr 2007

thanks for the reply
i got that epson program already but its not for these types of errors
tried holding down various buttons,came up with some stuff but still not what i need
thx

jack 08:49 21 Apr 2007

More suggestions, assuming you are using this through the computer and not stand alone.
1.Go to start/Printers and faxes.
Double click on that printer icon, and if a document is showing as being in place right click on it and press delete or delete all documents.

2. Click on remove printer.
Then reinstall.

Still No joy?

3. Last ditch then -- E-mail Epson support.

bic biro 10:28 21 Apr 2007

tried that,no documents in queue,pc connected or standalone its still thinks theres a paper jam when theres not,,time for a call to epson i think,thx for you time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?