Epson Photo Stylus 1290 feed / roller problem

Boing_Boing 15:12 26 Mar 2009

*Also posted on Helproom forum*

My Epson Stylus Photo 1290 has recently been causing problems. The rollers used to feed through the paper immediately after ink has been applied is not working consistently. When using thin paper, it jams and the leading edge will not feed through, however, the head continues printing and the initial feeder continues so the paper ends up all bunched together in an inky mess.

It is more severe when printing solid ink but simple text pages are also not perfect.

When printing photos on glossy paper, it manages to feed through but small catch marks are evident on the leading edge followed by a fainter print line vertically all the way down the print page. My assumption is that this could bee a simple maintenance fix, roller clean or something similar. I do not have a good understanding of printers or their mechanisms so hope my explanation is clear enough.

Thank you.

Taff™ 15:23 26 Mar 2009

Dual Posting is frowned upon so mark this one as resolved and wait for responses in the Helproom forum. Otherwise you`ll get advice on both which will confuse everyone!

Link to Helproom Post click here

Boing_Boing 15:53 26 Mar 2009

"Otherwise you`ll get advice on both which will confuse everyone!"

Thats why I let people know it was on another, not to waste peoples time. I wasn't sure which would be the most suitable. Maybe you could be more constructive by advising the most suitable forum, rather than slapping newcomers on the wrist..

Taff™ 08:39 27 Mar 2009

Sorry, wasn`t trying to offend you. Just wanted to quickly provide a link to the one with most responses. Helproom is easily the most viewed and therefore the best option in this case which is why I posted on this one. Forum Editor (FE) would normally lock a duplicate thread when he spots one but obviously he can`t be watching everything!

You just need to mark this one as resolved - tick the Resolved? box and then the Resolved Button. By the way welcome to the forum, hope you get the assistance you require. Look forward to seeing more of you.

Boing_Boing 10:27 27 Mar 2009

Hi TAFF. Thanks for the reply, that's a help. I've marked as resolved now - cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?