Epson Photo RX620 incompatibility Install problem

gerry8 20:17 11 Feb 2015

Epson stylus photo R x 620. I have had this robust printer for eight or nine years and am reluctant to part with it as I am advised that later versions are far less well built. I have now changed my computer which is running Windows 8.1. When I tried to install the printer I got a message is that there was a compatibility issue. The windows troubleshooter returned no result and I tried to install without resolving the issue. (As advised by Epson support website). The printer appears in Control Panel but when I tried to print or scan, the printer is not recognised and I'd get the message that the scanner is not ready. I have tried Updating the driver which I believe maybe the problem. I have used the windows driver wizard without success and cannot find a driver for this model on the Epson support site. Curiously, when I right-click on the Printer in control panel, I can test the scanner and get the message that the device successfully completed the test! I can also get a preview and scan but he document form here but cannot make any adjustment Further from "customise your Printer" I was able to print a windows test page which produced a host of information about the Printer including "driver version 6.1 0.6385 0.0. There is also a list of additional print driver files. I can also get a print dialogue from File/print but without, for example, an option for print preview. Can anyone help please?

Devil Fish 21:05 11 Feb 2015

instructions for manual install any help ?

click here

gerry8 23:39 11 Feb 2015

Thanks. Sadly, I got as far as sending the test page to the printr. Then an error message; I have removed the copy.

beeuuem 00:32 12 Feb 2015

Have you tried the driver from click here ?

gerry8 12:08 13 Feb 2015

Thanks for these replies. Unfortunately no luck. Adding a printer - new copy didn't work and existing one with its' limited functions was totally disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?