Epson Photo R220-Ink cartridges not recognized

Fishbox 10:18 30 Sep 2009

Have just changed a cartridge.Red light came on.Checked status monitor and the new ink cart("Projet" brand) is showing as "not recognised".Refitted the new cart.Red light came on again and status monitor now shows ALL carts not recognised even though the other 5 had been OK previously.
Any help would be appreciated.

mooly 11:31 30 Sep 2009

Can't help with your individual question but just to say I had trouble with Epson compatables of the T0711/2/3/4 type.
Replaced one empty cartridge and problems with not recognised etc. Replaced the whole set with four new and ones and one (yellow) wouldn't work.
I use only Jetecs now which have been 100% reliable, come with a guarantee, and an address and email support if needed, and these are now available as "own brand" in Wilkinsons and Morrisons... not sure whether those have the "extra life" programmed into them like the JT's
Too much grief from using others, never again.

jack 12:17 30 Sep 2009

Seem to have got over this one.
Another day to get round it is invest in a 'Zapit'
click here
apply the zapit to the chip on the used cart - then transfer this chip to the new one.

Kevscar1 12:57 30 Sep 2009

I have had this before normally just take cartridge out, reinstall it and everything is fine.

BT 16:39 30 Sep 2009

It sometimes helps when you get a 'cartridge not recognised' message to switch off at the mains, wait a couple of minutes and then switch back on. Can't guarantee it but it has worked for me.

Fishbox 17:43 30 Sep 2009

Thanks all.
Refitted all cartridges and that,for some reason,did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?