Epson Photo Ex paper guide

Dave22Fair 10:44 17 Jun 2010

Hi, I have recently bought a Stylus Photo Ex to print A3 drawings. Unfortunately I cannot get the left hand paper guide to slide wider than A4 to let me put an A3 sheet in. Something seems to jam it and I cannot see what. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave

northumbria61 11:49 17 Jun 2010

You could try contacting Epson about your problem from this link -

click here

Dave22Fair 23:15 18 Jun 2010

Thanks for that. After a bit of fairly bland correspondance with Epson, they have concluded my printer needs a service. Not much help really as it is out of warranty and I suspect it is an easy fix. Dave

northumbria61 23:18 18 Jun 2010

If you have a local computer repair shop why not ask them to have a look at it - as you say it is probably something quite simple to fix.

Sea Urchin 00:01 19 Jun 2010

"Hi, I have recently bought a Stylus Photo Ex"

and

"Not much help really as it is out of warranty"

Doesn't sound much of a warranty?

Dave22Fair 19:51 21 Jun 2010

Thanks for the interest folks, I have now got out a screwdriver, opened up the printer and found that the springs holding the last two of the six rollers had come out of their housing. A bit of fidling and all is well.
Dave

woodchip 19:56 21 Jun 2010

Sounds like he bought it second hand

Sea Urchin 21:01 21 Jun 2010

Guess you're right - good thinking.

Dave22Fair 22:12 23 Jun 2010

Yes it is 2nd hand. I have connected by LAN cable to the router and now can happly put files onto the W98 from the Vista comp. I can also see the Epson printer but when I try to open it or look at properties, I get the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000866)
Dave

woodchip 10:06 24 Jun 2010

When loading a Printer You do not plug the Printer in untill after you start the CD setup, when the setup starts looking for the printer you plug it in or turn it on. If you did it the wrong way round you need to delete the printer from Printer Folder and Add Remove Programs. Then do it the correct way round

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache