Epson photo 200 ?

Magik ®© 21:16 29 May 2005

hi, my son has the above, he said it can print CD's directly, he tells me tonight that he has never been able to get it to do it, he says, he puts the cd in the tray, and the tray goes in leaving the cd behind, is there some daft reason why he can not get it to work, I told him it must be operator error, anyone any idea what might be wrong........ thanks..

bloody kids of to-day.......... :-)

LastChip 21:35 29 May 2005

Epson have an excellent technical support section and I've no doubt they will solve it for him.

Magik ®© 21:41 29 May 2005

thanks, that may be his best bet, just been surfing around to try and find some instructions for it..

leo49 21:50 29 May 2005

The only crazy scenario I can envisage is that your son is placing the separate 'ring' template for 8cm CDs into the tray and then perching the CDR on top of that in which case it would stand proud of the tray and be dislodged by the rollers.

Magik ®© 22:05 29 May 2005

thanks all ,just rung him and passed on all your comments.......now we wait.....

User-312386 22:15 29 May 2005

To be honest they are not the best ways to print on a CD.

I use avery burner pro with the labels rather than print on a "printable cd/dvd"

How are you anyway mate?

Border Collie 22:25 29 May 2005

Same as leo49.

Make sure CD is firmly held on centre support ring on the tray. Gently slide tray in until white arrows on tray line up with indented arrows on flap.

Half agree with madboy33©® but I get excellent results with my R300, as does my son with his R200. I believe there is a possibility of 'sticky CD labels' jamming a cars CD player should they lift slightly.

Magik ®© 22:41 29 May 2005

fine thanks bruv, take it you are well also.

have emailed the posts to No1 son ;-)

User-312386 05:38 30 May 2005

I Tend to semi-agree with you there, but if applied correctly then you should never get any lift at all.

However, the "printable cd/dvd" also are "stuck down" and therefore also have that possibility

Border Collie 14:45 30 May 2005

I thought it was a special layer madboy33©®, but on checking closely, your right. DOH! I'm still impressed with the finished product though.

I've never experienced any 'lift' on labels I've applied in the past but heard that it can happen. I suppose a regular check before use would be a good idea.

Border Collie 14:45 30 May 2005

I thought it was a special layer madboy33©®, but on checking closely, your right. DOH! I'm still impressed with the finished product though.

I've never experienced any 'lift' on labels I've applied in the past but heard that it can happen. I suppose a regular check before use would be a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?