Epson Perfection 3200 Photo Scanner - installation

sheila.weston 20:04 30 Mar 2003

Has anyone else had problems installing this? At first I had ikernell.exe error notices and Epson help-centre pointed me in the direction of a microsoft patch to download, which corrected the problem. Then I was pointed to the newsoft website where I followed the directions to remove the software, download another file and reinstall. I still got installation error messages but, strangely, was able to scan to a file on my computer.

I have since repeated the reinstall with the same error messages and end-result, except that the preview panel seems to have gone AWOL. Essentially I want to go through the installation process without all those error messages. Then I will be satisfied that it has installed correctly.

I have a Mesh 2.8Ghz PC with Windows XP sp1.0.

TOPCAT® 21:09 30 Mar 2003

How is your scanner connected? It must be USB according to this. TC.

'What should I do now I have upgraded to Windows XP?

For your EPSON scanner to perform correctly on Windows XP you will need to download the relevant drivers. Please note: Windows XP does not support scanners connected by a parallel interface. You will need to use USB if available. If there are no XP drivers available for your product please use the Windows 2000 drivers.

Instructions

To download the XP compatible drivers please visit click here. Then confirm your language and select Downloads. Once you have found the required driver click Save. When the file is downloaded double click it and follow the onscreen instructions.'

Go here for XP drivers if you need them.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?