Epson Perfection 2480 scanner fault

bluetwo 09:58 08 Jun 2017

strong textI inadvertently turned my Epson Perfection 2480 over whilst moving it to a worktop. I was unaware at the time that it should not be turned over unless it has been locked. I should have studied the instruction. The net result is that it works perfectly as an 4 scanner but slides and 35mm film just turn out as a black screen. I would like to have it fixed ut the local Epson printer repair technician said he doesn't do scannes. Can anyone tell me where (economically) I can get it fixed. Thanks to all.

chub_tor 10:20 08 Jun 2017

If you do a search in this forum you will find that this exact same problem has occurred a couple of times before. Unfortunately an answer was never found. It does seem that if you turn this scanner over without the lock on then you cause an irreparable fault in the slide scanner section.

bluetwo 15:30 15 Jun 2017

chub_tor, Thank you for the information. I sincerely hope thatEpson have sorted it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)