Epson model 680 Inkjet printer

sordit 11:37 13 Aug 2005

I have recently updated windows to XP. I have connected my Epson 680 printer. When switching the printer on after starting windows, the printer will not stop printing,and the green light keeps flashing. I have to turn the computer off and not switch the printer off due to the flashing light. The computer is a Pentium 4 with Cpu2GHZ and 512MB Memory. Any Help will be appreciated. Felix

Forum Editor 12:43 13 Aug 2005

from Speakers Corner

sordit 13:16 13 Aug 2005

Forum Editor. Please let me know what you mean by Moved to Helproom from speakers corner

pj123 13:24 13 Aug 2005

What the FE means:

You posted this thread in Speakers Corner, but it is clearly a help problem. The FE has now moved it from Speakers Corner to the Helproom where you should get more results.

(apologies FE for butting in).

Pidder 14:12 13 Aug 2005

I also have a 680 connected to my Windows 98SE PC. The 680 seems to be an older model with only a PS/2 connection. I would suggest it is not compatible with XP. Time for a new printer? Think there are ways of getting older peripherals to work with XP, others will probably know more.

VoG II 14:16 13 Aug 2005

Try installing the latest drivers click here

johnnyrocker 14:28 13 Aug 2005

have had 680 for long time with no probs even when switching from me to xp machines.driver suggestion is a good one or re install

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?