Epson Imperfection 2400 Photo Scanner

Matt Husala 22:51 22 Nov 2003

Anyone had problems installing the "Epson Perfection 2400 Photo" Scanner ?
I can see the scanner in "Control Panel" -"Scanners & Cameras".
I can use the wizard to scan with!
I can scan through the Import WIA Support in Photoshop Elements!
Unfortunately I'm unable to make the TWAIN drivers talk to my software. I don't have the option to use the TWAIN interface in Photoshop Elements, it's not even greyed or should that be grayed out. Also, when I try to use the Epson Smart Panel software that comes with the scanner it just keeps telling me to "Please Install The Supported TWAIN Drivers" I HAVE, I CAN SEE THEM IN THE DEVICE MANAGER UNDER MY SCANNER, I HAVE EVEN UPGRADED THEM FROM EPSON'S WEBSITE....I'm sorry I seem to be shouting, perhaps I should save myself for when I bag and tag and return it to PC bl**dy World...........Nurse, I think I'm ready to be locked in my room now.

woodchip 22:56 22 Nov 2003

In Photoshop Elements under File in the Menu See if you can see Acquire if you can that’s for the scanner or in any other program, but it will be different places depending on the program

Matt Husala 23:14 22 Nov 2003

I have found "Acquire" in Photoshop Elements, the only options it will allow are,"SELECT IMPORT SOURCE: PDF IMAGE & WIA SUPPORT" but no TWAIN option:(

Thanks all the same.

Matt Husala 18:40 17 Jan 2004

Re-installed operating system as this seemed the easiest and less time consuming way at the time. All seems to be working well at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?