Epson DX8450 Language German

DJ-Garry 17:41 21 Feb 2010

Hi guys.

My gf's XP desktop has an Epson DX8450 printer attached to it ..... and when you go into printer preferences, all the settings are in German. I thought it was because, whoever installed the printer for the first time, didn't set the language correctly, so I have completely uninstalled, and re loaded with the latest drives from the Epsom webite ..... and guess what ????
Yes ... it's STILL in German ....

Can anybody tell me what's going wrong here, and how to correct it to English please ????

Many thanks, Garry

Eargasm 17:47 21 Feb 2010

I had a mate at work with the same printer and the same problem, with a reference to Epson Drucker ( i think) he solved it eventually it seems quite a common problem. From what i recall he installed epson software and driver while the printer was connected to the computer which caused the problem.
I will ask him tomorrow how he solved it unless someone sorts it on here first.

Eargasm 18:04 21 Feb 2010

This may help

click here

Eargasm 18:14 21 Feb 2010

My last "click here" is the fix he used, the problem arose when he installed the printer driver and software with the printer connected it MUST be installed first after removing all traces.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?