Epson DX4400

Malapoa1 18:59 24 Nov 2008

I have been asked by a friend to help changing an ink cartridge on her Epson DX4400. The problem that I have encountered is that the printer carriage is parked at the end of its travel under the cover on the right hand side. There seem to be some incomprehensible hieroglyphics on the surface of the cover but my attempts to decypher them have not succeeded in persuading the carriage to come to rest under the square hole on the cover so that I can open the cartridge cover. Can anyone help please?.

Philpoty 19:42 24 Nov 2008

Start-Settings-Printers-R-click your printer and select Properties-Select Print preferences-Maintenance-ink cart replacement and follow wizardThis is for Vista but should be similar for XP

woodchip 20:28 24 Nov 2008

If you lost the Manual Why not Download it from Epson? click here

woodchip 20:35 24 Nov 2008

According to the PDF doc you just lift the top half of the Printer to change carts as it does on my RX620

Stuartli 21:11 24 Nov 2008

My Epson R300 uses the maintenance>change ink cartridge sequence mentioned by Philpoty (via the control panel), as the cartridges housing is partially hidden on the right of the printer when not in use.

Malapoa1 18:26 25 Nov 2008

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your help. The problem has now been resolved and Brownie points gained!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017