Epson Dx 3850

tarmac 13:53 29 Mar 2006

I,ve been looking for a All-in-one printer for a while and the one that i am thinking of buying is the Epson DX 3850 price £70, The trouble is i cannot find any reviews on it, Has anybody bought one recently and if so what are the good points and bad points.
cheers.

pj123 17:53 29 Mar 2006

I haven't got one of these printers. I prefer separate units. But the main problem with MFDs is that if one thing goes wrong the whole thing goes wrong. Good info here: click here

But as you say no reviews/feedback on it. Maybe it is too new to have any feedback?

Totally-braindead 20:51 29 Mar 2006

I like Epsons but am not sure if I would recommend it, I habe the one below it the 3800 and well, to be honest the print quality isn't that great, I mean I've got an Epson 680 which I've had for perhaps 5 years or so and its print quality id far superior. I realise its a different from the 3850 but it'll have similar characteristics.

If I was going to buy a MFD now I'd be looking at either click here which is number 2 in the PCA chart or click here which is number one in the PCA chart. I really like Epsons however so I would also be considering click here but like you I'd need to see more info.

Totally-braindead 20:52 29 Mar 2006

Sorry about the terrible spelling, I think I'm needing a drink. Or two.

tarmac 11:59 30 Mar 2006

thanks for the info, the reason for looking at the epson range is because of the price diff in ink cartridges, Over the weekend i will go and have a look at the dx4800.

cheers to everyone who replied to my posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?