Epson CX3200, - CCleaner downloaded & used but....

clock 12:55 16 May 2007

Hi, Technotiger,

Scanner still won't initialize after CCleaner run, - sorry I ticked the post. I have such confidence in you contributors I was sure things would be O.K.!!

CCleaner was very frightening to run, I didn't know what I was doing! Just kept pressing until I got to the end and ticked for Registry back up files. Did I do alright??

As I can get scanned photos from computer asking scanner, but not scanner asking Smart Panel/Twain to computer, I'll manage. Suppose it is a mechanical problem?

Clock

spuds 13:01 16 May 2007

Can you put a link to your previous thread?.

clock 13:11 16 May 2007

Hi, Spud,

Previous post was "Scanner on Epson CX3200 not responding". It's at the top of page 2 at the moment. Don't know how to do a link!!

Clock

johnnyrocker 13:45 16 May 2007

type or copy/paste the webb address in here and the forum processes it as a link, might have been easier to stick with one thread?

johnny.

spuds 13:47 16 May 2007

Previous thread click here

Diversion 14:49 16 May 2007

Hi
I have CX6600. Uninstall everything to to with your printer & scanner and even PIF Designer through Add & Remove Programs, reboot your computer run CCleaner again. Then re-install your CX3200 as you did the first time, remembering to only turn the printer on when the setup tries looking for the printer.

Technotiger 15:21 16 May 2007

Me again, sorry my first suggestion did not do it after all. But you did right with CCleaner, just stick with it, it does become easier and less scary.

Follow Diversions' suggestion - good luck.

To make a click-here link, highlight the URL address above, then go to Edit and click on Copy, then in the Message box (where I am typing this message) right-click in the box so you can see the cursor flashing, this is where your URL will appear when you then left-click on Paste. You won't see the blue 'click here' until you click on Post Response, it will then magically appear in your post.

clock 15:44 16 May 2007

Thanks everybody, will try Diversions strategy and see where it gets me before I consider the matter resolved this time!

Thanks Technotiger for the CCleaner assurances, I'm glad it will be easier next time! Thanks also for Link tips.

Clock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?