Epson C86-- Flashing Red Lights

spuds 21:52 19 Jan 2007

The two red lights on my Epson C86 Printer started to flash alternately today,this was after I replaced a colour cartridge. Tried various things, as suggested via a Google search 9reste counters etc), but to no avail.

Thinking about it further, could the printer require the waste tank and pads cleaning, if so, how do I do this?.

Thanks for any help offered.

spuds 21:54 19 Jan 2007

Post Error...9reste= reset

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 19 Jan 2007

How to disassemble a C86 click here if you can read german.

translate at click here

jack 22:37 19 Jan 2007

If you really really want to do this mucky job look up
click here

The reality is -buy the next printer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:44 19 Jan 2007

To remove the entire right cover from the c-86 you must pinch together the two white clips on the bottom of the unit and also push in on a clip that's recessed into a hole at the top right rear (left rear if you're facing the back of the unit). It almost looks like a port but it's not. Once you get the right cover off, reservoir is pretty easy.

spuds 11:47 20 Jan 2007

Been in touch with the local Epson repair centre, and the problem is the ink pads want changing and the counter resetting. Approximate service charge £36.00. Didn't pay much more that that, 2 years ago when I bought the printer:O).

At the present time Epson are offering a £30.00 trade-in on selected new models, which would have been an incentive, except for the fact that I have just purchased a large supply of compatible cartridges for the C86. Apparently these cartridges will not fit recent Epson models, and it would be a shame to think of alternatives for a simple pad change.Counter re-setting, would be by SSCS (free download) Utility configuration.

Had a look at the printer this morning, and it would appear to be a simple job of stripping the printer down, once all the facts are obtained. Following the suggestion made by Fruit Bat, made things easy, except for a 'sticking point' at the top of the side cover. There seems to be something (hidden?) holding the cover in place at this point, and I do not want to force anything, in case I cause unrepairable damage to the plastic cover and surround. Any further suggestions on how to release this 'sticking point' will be most welcome.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:24 20 Jan 2007

Srvice manual click here

$9.99

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:26 20 Jan 2007
  spuds 13:42 20 Jan 2007

Getting there slowly. Found this good informative website click here

Looking at a few more interesting websites, and will post if relevant.

Thanks Fruit Bat for your continued support and interest.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:46 20 Jan 2007

Sister threw out a C40 with same problem, I carried out the waste ink pad cleaning and reset counters without problem (very messy).

That cover was also a pain to remove.

Diversion 23:16 20 Jan 2007

EPSON STYLUS C64
EPSON STYLUS C66
EPSON STYLUS C84
EPSON STYLUS C86
EPSON STYLUS CX3600
EPSON STYLUS CX3650
EPSON STYLUS CX6400
EPSON STYLUS CX6600
These printers all take the same cartridges as the C86. I've got CX6600 and mine uses the same cartridge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?