Epson c70 and ssc service utility

Eargasm 22:48 16 Nov 2004

A couple of months ago i was having trouble with my epson c70 printer,after replacing a cartridge status monitor still showed it as empty and would not print.

I downloaded this utility click here on woodchips advice(not blaming you )and it showed all ink levels full and worked a treat.now printing quality is poor as i know a couple of ink's are nearly empty (but still shown as full) Ihave uninstalled ssc utility and status monitor and even deleted the printer,then reinstalled printer,but the ink levels are still shown as full,can anyone help in restoring it as it was?

Thanks Phil

Pesala 23:06 16 Nov 2004

I suspect that going through the replace cartridge cycle (taking out the old cartridges and putting them back in) will reset the indicators, though that will, of course, use some ink. Why not just use the printer until it stops printing to an acceptable standard, then replace the empty catridges? Print this test file to see if any are empty. click here

Eargasm 23:32 16 Nov 2004

Thanks the printer is now printing at a really poor level,i have just printed a test file from your "click here" and they are nothing like.

Cyan is light grey with lines through it

Magenta is completely black

Yellow has printed ok

Black is ok except for the block only bieng half the size.

Thanks for your help i will try taking the cartridges out and re-inserting to see if this cures the status monitor.

Pesala 02:37 17 Nov 2004
  Eargasm 22:22 17 Nov 2004

Thanks,i have just read your thread did the cleaning kit cure your problem?

I have just removed all the cartridges and re-inserted them,it then charged the ink,but status monitor still shows them all as full when i know they are not. Any other ideas?

Thanks Phil

Praxis99 22:48 17 Nov 2004

Could I suggest the old standby of ininstalling then reinstalling your drivers preferably with the latest available from the Epson website (as I as an C70+ owner have just done tonight).

Eargasm 23:04 17 Nov 2004

I have uninstalled the printer,and reinstalled with the latest driver version from epson 5.3d but still no joy.

Thanks

woodchip 23:23 17 Nov 2004

Cannot remember recommending the above. But I use one my self and it's OK with Epson 680. Why not reload the software and have a go sorting it with that if that started the problem. I do not know if the one that I have is the same program, it was recommended on hear to me.

Eargasm 23:43 17 Nov 2004

First of all i must apologise,i have been looking through my old postings and your advise was not given to me directly, i must of been reading some threads and picked up the link from there.

I will try your suggestion and download the ssc utility again to see if i can sort it.

Thanks Phil

woodchip 23:45 17 Nov 2004

I think it's as I post that often

Eargasm 22:49 21 Nov 2004

Thanks mate,i downloaded the software again and managed to sort it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?