Epson C64 problem

maz2 23:03 03 Feb 2005

My friend has one of these and every so often it will only print part of a page, it works fine for a while and then while it's printing the status monitor ink colours grey out and it stops printing. The only was I've found to resolve it is to do a complete uninstall and reinstall then it's ok for a while. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions she's running windows 98

LeadingMNMs 23:27 03 Feb 2005

My only suggestion would be to update the drivers click here and check that all cables are connected properly.

maz2 23:34 03 Feb 2005

Thanks for that I'll give it a try, it's doing my head in as everytime I go there I have to fiddle round with it Cheers

maz2 00:14 04 Feb 2005

Sorry I know I ticked resolved but once I have download the new update what do I do, do I just double click and install or do I have to uninstall something first

LeadingMNMs 09:28 04 Feb 2005

The file is executable so once its downloaded just run it and follow any instructions that it gives you.

LeadingMNMs 09:32 04 Feb 2005

click here

Epson also provides an on-line diagnostic tool if updating the drivers doesn't work. I'm not sure it will be able to diagnose the problem your having, or the cause, buts its worth a try.

maz2 13:01 04 Feb 2005

Right thanks for all you help, I'll have to pluck up the courage now to have a go as I get so fed up with it Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017