EPSON C62 Printer

lucasj20 21:53 10 Oct 2003

Please help!

My girlfriend has a C62 printer and has been using 'non-offical' (reasonably priced!) cartridges for the past year. Just recently the colour seems to have packed up. Black and Yellow print perfect but Blue and Magenta refuse to work. When I print out a test, I get a couple lines of blue and magenta, but full blocks of black and yellow.

Have cleaned the print heads several times but no joy....

any ideas??

dazzling (work) 22:00 10 Oct 2003

persevere with it somtimes it takes 10 or more attempts.you can also get cleaner cartridges for them might be worth a try.have you changed the colour cartridge might have a dodgey one.darren

It could be a faulty cartridge. Try one from a different batch

lucasj20 22:04 10 Oct 2003

Tried two different manufacturers colour cartridges, both giving the same results.

Must have ran the cleaning utility about ten times, put a new full black cart in and now its half full!!

Any idea where i can get the cleaner cartridges??

Some where online??

cheers guys!

Totally-braindead 22:22 10 Oct 2003

You should be able to get them from click here

paddyjack 01:01 11 Oct 2003

I have found, and don't know why a good shake has worked in the past for me. Only found it out by accident.

Gary 20:53 11 Oct 2003

Do you mean shaking the cartridges or shaking the entire printer?

The Sack 20:56 11 Oct 2003

I once had to use an entire cart up cleaning the heads!

The Spires 21:15 11 Oct 2003

You could try this util and the Power Clean mode which seems to be more forceful than the standard Epson one. If all else fails buy a cleaning cartridge. I haven't found any difference with head blockage problems on Epsons using genuine or third part cartridges. Lack of use seems often to be the problem. click here

sil_ver 21:31 11 Oct 2003

Worst case could be the ink pump has packed up. Happened to me on an Epson 830, fortunately was still under warranty.

hugh-265156 01:24 12 Oct 2003

for my postings ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?