Epson c60 Too Blue>>

Mick54 11:06 26 Mar 2008

I have windows XP Prof a HP Monitor v72 and an Epson C60 printer. I am using compatible ink carts at the moment, I get them very cheap of the net. I know originals are the best but they are expensive. The problem is that the prints that come off are always a little darker and they have a blue cast. I usually have to adjust them using Serif Photo Shop 10. Is there a way that I can adjust the printer so that I do not have to adjust my photographs every time. I have just purchased another five sets of inks so can anyone help. Many Thanks Mick.

anchor 15:34 26 Mar 2008

I have an Epson 895 printer. I click on printer, select properties and then custom, advanced.

In this mode one can change many settings:

gamma, brightness, contrast, saturation and levels of cyan, magenta and yellow. Experiment to find a good brightness and colour balance; these can be pre-set for future use.

I have no idea if your Epson printer software has a similar option, but its worth having a look.

ps: I also use compatible inks from Choice, and have no problem.

global-killer 15:41 26 Mar 2008

Could well be one of the inkjets is blocked or restricted.

Not sure which of the 3 colours missing will produce this effect though

Mick54 18:08 26 Mar 2008

Thanx for your replies. I have had another look in serif photoshop and found a tab for enable colour management. I have matched the program to the printer and the prints are a bit better. Thanx again Mick

Technotiger 18:13 26 Mar 2008

Another, and possibly surprising way, to improve photo prints is to set the printer to print in Draft for photographs. I do all mine this way, and as a result I get prints that exactly mirror the colours on screen. Using an Epson Photo R360.

anchor 10:27 27 Mar 2008

Technotiger: It obviously depends on the printer. If I use draft mode the pictures are awful.

By setting the parameters, as described in my earlier posting, I get a very reasonable match to the screen.

Technotiger 17:39 27 Mar 2008

Yeah, probably, mine is the Epson Photo R360.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone