Epson C48 printer installation failure

ellymcwelly 23:29 29 Aug 2006

Hi & help!! I bought an Epson C48 printer and have tried unsuccessfully to install it on my Win2000 system. Running the Easy installation on the disc provided, it never gets past "turning it on". It is not recognised. (I tried with a Canon Pixma 1600 and couldnt load that either).

The hardware installation wizard detects new hardware but cannot complete the installation, why?

If I add the printer manually, it is listed but still is not recognised to print.

Where am I going wrong? I've checked the usual, USB ports, disabling Norton and other applications etc.

The new printer is sitting in its box and I've downloaded the driver for my old canon bubblejet (serial port) and that works alright.

Help, anyone? thanks

woodchip 23:38 29 Aug 2006

You should not Plug the Printer in until drivers and software are loaded. If you see it in Add remove uninstall it also in device manager uninstall any yellow icons remove the printer from comp restart then load drivers then printer

ellymcwelly 10:51 30 Aug 2006

Hey, I've done it! For some reason, I couldnt use the driver supplied with the software. When my wizard gave me the choice of looking for another suitable driver, I chose the Microsoft support one which I suppose is generic?

Now, I'm not a computer buff and do not really understand the gubbings, but I've got it going which I'm pleased about! If anyone else has this problem and this helps, then I'm happy! Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?