Epson C44 printer problem?

Whiteadder310556 13:00 19 Dec 2008

The problem is that the black prints out erratic, the cartridge has been changed. The output is unreadable, it seems to print two line of the same text. Any suggestions,? I think I've done a lot of the normal things, clean head etc.

jack 14:32 19 Dec 2008

further.
Are you saying the image is 'blurred'
or is text actually appearing twice?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 19 Dec 2008

reload the printer software and drivers.

Whiteadder310556 16:30 19 Dec 2008

It's a friends computer and I have only seen the text so do not know about images. but suspect that is ok because on the test page it prints a small coloured Microsoft logo ok. new drivers etc were downloaded fron the Epson , but had no effect!

Whiteadder310556 16:33 19 Dec 2008

PS the text actually appears twice but is in effect unreadable.

jack 17:37 19 Dec 2008

Go to Start/Printers and Faxes/ highlight the printer icon and click on 'Remove Printer'
Restart the machine.
It should come up with found new hardware and, automatically install the printer from the driver library.
If it does not do this go to Start/Printers and faxes, and click on install new printer.
Chose 'Select from list'- select maker[Epson] the Model- Let Windows do the work.

Whiteadder310556 19:57 19 Dec 2008

Would that not be the same as downloading the drivers from the Epson web site? Anyhow I'll do as you suggest ASAP. Cheers.

jack 08:40 20 Dec 2008

'Would that not be the same as downloading the drivers from the Epson web site? '

Not necessarily
Drivers change i think to take in changes in printer firmware, which like most eelse in the benighted business seem to change weekly, and not always for the better

Whiteadder310556 16:04 22 Dec 2008

I've followed the instructions given here, but no difference, could it be a faulty printer? (Not very likely) My fiend has now gone on holiday for xmas so will leave it until then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017