Epson C42UX problem

Duncanf 10:25 30 May 2007

Suddenly, printer has stopped and green and red lights are intermittently flashing. Status monitor has appeared with statement 'Service Required..Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. Contact your dealer for replacement.'
Is there no other way out????
Thanks for any help.

Go to this link and download this software: click here
Install the software and run it.
Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.

carper 10:33 30 May 2007

Try this free utility, it works fine with my C42+.
Hope it helps Regards Carper

click here

carper 10:35 30 May 2007

Sorry about the language but the Raven has beaten me to it carper

Duncanf 10:51 30 May 2007

Thanks guys for your immediate response, even the one in Russian!!!! I scrolled down the printer options... and the list I have is as follows:
C20/C40/CL-750 then it jumps to C4x and C50.
There doesn't seem to be a C42 as Raven suggests.

click here
its in the supported models

Duncanf 10:58 30 May 2007

Thanks, Raven. I noticed it was in the supported models. It was in the next screen when you have to select the model number that the above options appeared. I couldn't find a C42 on the scrolling list to select.

I no longer have an epson printer /or the software installed ,maybe carper can advise as he/she used it with C42+

Duncanf 11:04 30 May 2007

Thanks *THE RAVEN* . I'll hold on to see if carper is still there. Thanks for help.

Duncanf 11:35 30 May 2007

Still hoping that carper is around!
Thanks RAVEN. Installed the Service Utility and I've been experimenting with the different Epson models that it displays as it doesn't seem to offer C42. It doesn't bring me to any screen that asks 'if I replaced with new pads.' as you suggested. Can you remember where that screen would come from? Thanks for any further help!

right click the icon in the taskbar,protection counter/reset protection counter (memorys a bit hazy)
see if that works,
also from the download page ,there is a forum if you want to check on there before trying it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?