Epson 900 printer won't stop printing !

Giggle n' Bits 12:27 29 Nov 2003

A neigbhour has just been round and has a Epson 2 weeks old printer, which is using XP.

The printer keeps printing out and won't stop.

Is there anything apart from uninstalling printer and reinstall drivers and software that I or he could check. Does it sound like a faulty printer ?

Valvegrid 13:23 29 Nov 2003

Can't stop it from printing! That makes a change, you usually have problems making the blasted things print.

Any chance of trying it on your computer to see if you get the same result?

Paul.

Giggle n' Bits 13:30 29 Nov 2003

It came with a new packard Bell package from PCW so I expect to see odd things happen from there.

If she's only had the pc for say 3 weeks and soemthing like the printer develops a fault and she wanted to take the whole lot back for a refund. What rights has she got. ?

Legolas 13:39 29 Nov 2003

I had the same problem with an epsom printer using XP I am not sure I can remember what I did but try this.

Shut down the computer and disconnect the USB connection from the USB port on the computer,reboot and windows XP might find the printer and install drivers, this will mean that you have two printers installed, try each printer that shows under start/settings/printers and the one that works correctly you can keep the other one you can delete. As I say I used to do something like this and it worked for me worth a try I suppose.

Legolas 13:41 29 Nov 2003

Correction to above

Shut down the computer and disconnect the USB connection from the USB port on the computer reconnect and reboot and windows XP might find the printer and install drivers, this will mean that you have two printers installed, try each printer that shows under start/settings/printers and the one that works correctly you can keep the other one you can delete. As I say I used to do something like this and it worked for me worth a try I suppose.

cycoze 13:57 29 Nov 2003

Re-installing might be the best thing to do , however i would check what the neighbour is printing first , if new to computers maybe they have selected a large file (probably not) , also check how many copies have been selected etc , it might just be something simple.

Giggle n' Bits 21:23 29 Nov 2003

from PC World it runs slow with a 2.5GHz Celeron CPU. Because it was running and still is a slow machine she had got lots of print jobs lined up, so every time the pc was switched on it just picked up from where they left of.

Also a warning to people thinking of a new P.Bell this Xmas from PCW, they do not supply any form of Restore CD its all factory installed, so when your HDD fails or XP gets corrupt beyond boot its a call out for a engineer.

P.bell also ship manuals with there pc that state in it that to restore the pc to factory settings use the supplied restore CD. Speaking to The Dixons group engineers who are a 3rd party company contracted by Dixons group they say these manuals should no longer be sent out due to most of the documentation being dated and useless.

Think a Consumer watch posting is on the horizon ref these P.bell machines and Dixons group again.

dagbladet 22:07 29 Nov 2003

"Also a warning to people thinking of a new P.Bell this Xmas from PCW, they do not supply any form of Restore CD its all factory installed, so when your HDD fails or XP gets corrupt beyond boot its a call out for a engineer."

Not strictly true. I bought one of these PB's from PCW. After the initial boot-up, the first thing it asked/told/advised me to do was insert 3 cd's into the writer to make restore disks. a couple of months later, after a minor crashette I decided to try them out. They worked fine. Not sure about the manuals. I think mine just had a very clear idiots guide to putting the system together..."put the blue plug in the blue hole, etc..." and the main manual is.... well i'm not sure. If my machine wobbles I just come on these boards.

Giggle n' Bits 23:37 29 Nov 2003

do not know how to do it and forget.
Iextreme model is one to watch built around Intel core.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017