Epson 880 printer & cleaning cycle

drbes 18:59 24 Sep 2003

Printer does a full cleaning cycle whenever it is switched on - but only since it was connected to a different computer. Never did this on previous computer. Any way of finding out why it does this and stopping it as I am running out of ink rapidly!

BarryKeith 20:33 24 Sep 2003

Try leaving the printer switched on permanently and allowing the computer to activate it as needed.

drbes 18:23 25 Sep 2003

I am only using the computer during the evenings at home and the printer switches on with the computer or manually, whichever I wish, but it still does a full cleaning cycle every time it comes on.

BarryKeith 19:34 25 Sep 2003

Does the printer begin it's cleaning cycle when you turn the mains power on? If so, I suggest that you connect the printer to a separate power socket and leave it switched on permanently, it will do no harm and should eradicate the problem.
If it occurs when the computer is activated, then the problem is in the settings of the printer driver, or possibly the wrong driver for your combination of printer and OS.

drbes 22:32 25 Sep 2003

It onlu occurs when the computer is on and the computer has exactly the same programmes, etc. as the previous one. I am beginning to think the driver settings may be wrong so will check this out. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie