Epson 680 Printer

Digit 15:00 30 Mar 2003

Can anyone suggest a mono printer as the Epson 680 is proving to be expensive on cartridges,

The problem over the last few months is that I have been using it for a great deal of printing and have had to replace the colour cartridge almost at the same time as the black one even though it has had almost no use.

The 680 will not work if only one cartridge has ink in, is there a way round this.

Do all printers work in this way.

D

mr gee 15:18 30 Mar 2003

dont understand ---- if you are mainly using black ink you can just replace the black cartridge you shouldnt need to replace both

-pops- 15:23 30 Mar 2003

Try a Samsung MS4500 Laser printer. You can get one for about £70 and the toner cartridges last for thousands of pages. Lokk around the forum for recent posts on this.

I have the ML1210 version and it is excellent!

Brian

-pops- 15:25 30 Mar 2003

Sorry, that should read ML not MS!

Brian

-pops- 15:28 30 Mar 2003
  Totally-braindead 18:13 30 Mar 2003

Digit, like mr gee I too am puzzled. I have an Epson 680 and don't understand why you say you have to replace the colour cartridge as well as the black when you're only printing black. Go to your printer and right click on it, go to properties and check that you have it set for black printing rather than colour, also check you have the right paper selected as this can use quite a bit of ink. If this doesn't help then perhaps pops suggestion is a good one, there are plenty of reasonably priced laser printers out there.

woodchip 18:18 30 Mar 2003

Try click here I use there's in my 680

woodchip 18:21 30 Mar 2003

PS I also have the samsung ML-4500 Laser for black printing

Digit 19:26 31 Mar 2003

I Have just replaced the cartridges and only printed black text and the colour ink is keeping pace with the black level indicator.

Yes it was set on colour and have now set it to black to see how things go.

Thanks for the replies.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?