Epson 1400 printer lines issue

LeeRuttle 12:04 13 Nov 2014

Hi I have searched forums for this but have had no luck so far for a solution.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer. Whenever I print something out, it prints horizontal blue & pink lines across the page.

I have cleaned the head a number of times. When I do a test printout, it prints fine. This is not horizontal "white" lines, i.e gaps in the print, but actual blue and pink lines. Even if I print to grey-scale / black & white, the text or drawing is printed as black and white rather than colour but the blue and pink lines still appear.

I've also un-installed the print driver, and re-installed.

I use the printer for work to print construction plans for on site use. The horizontal lines make the drawing un-useable.

I've taken an image to Pdf of a printed page with the lines on, but can't see how to upload it to here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spuds 12:28 13 Nov 2014

I have a number of various make and model printer's, and when they start going wrong, I find it cheaper to replace with new warranty, than pay for any repairs.

Just had a look on the internet, and a few possible solutions were found. Here's one that might help a little bit, even though its a different Epson model click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?