Epson 1290 - blocked nozzles?

jeano 22:11 21 Feb 2009

I recently purchased a second hand A3 printer (Epson1290) for my son's graphic design work. I did not get around to installing it straight away (about four months) but when I did I found that the monitor program recommended changing the black ink cartridge. I did this but in the test printing I found I could not get any blue or green from the colour cartridge even though it was showing 3/4 full. I replaced this too but still had the same problem. Have used the software utility to flush the ink (head cleaning) at least 50 times but still cannot get blue or green to print - all other colours are OK. Does anyone know if there is a way of clearing this problem - I'm assuming the nozzles are blocked?

Graham. 23:16 21 Feb 2009

Google results click here

FatboySlim71 23:23 21 Feb 2009

I totally agree with Graham.

Out of all the makes of printers I have had, I found Epson VERY problematic for clogged heads. I wasted god knows how much ink doing the head cleaning cycles.

I now own a HP printer (nearly two and a half years) in all that time I have never had a clogged printhead. The thing with HP printers is that the printhead is built into the ink cartridge, so everytime you replace the cartridge you are replacing the printhead. In my experience this has cut clogged heads down by 100 percent. I wouldn't hesitate in getting another HP printer when the current one packs up.

I wouldn't touch Epson again though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?