Epsom R300 paper jam

bald eagle1 11:48 13 Jan 2008

I have an Epsom R300 which prints fine. The problem is when I come to print CD's - it occasionally works but most of the time it says there is a paper jam and rejects the disc and holder. There is definitely no paper jam or anything else I can see wrong, and as I said, occasionally it works.
Help

Gongoozler 11:52 13 Jan 2008

Hi bald eagle1. I have an Epson R220 which also occasionally suffers from this problem, and apparently it's not uncommon. The mechanism Epson use to pull the CD tray into the printer isn't really up to the job. The way I get round this is firstly to make sure that there is absolutely nothing obstructing the tray when it emerges at the back of the printer. Secondly, when the printer is pulling the tray in, I give it a gentle push. Finally make sure that the transparent leading edge of the tray is completely clean and free from dust.

jack 11:56 13 Jan 2008

I have had a persistent paper jam.
Then persistently PC keeps finding new hardware the R300 and wants to install from library- then says
may not work- on and on
So I deleted all Epson Software
did a CClean.
Came off line.
Disabled Anti Virus
Reinstalled from disk.
All OK now.
Must be some form of corruption - may be Internet induced - who knows
Try it.
Lets us know how you get on.

bald eagle1 12:39 13 Jan 2008

The gentle push seems to work although it still keeps showing a paper jam.
I will go the software route if it keeps playing up.
Cheers chaps

Stuartli 12:46 13 Jan 2008

I also have an R300 - the inability of the disk carrying tray to not work properly after the first few operations is almost legendary.

Some people cure it by buying the revised version of the carrying tray.

Part of the reason is that the supplied carrying tray is not very robust and the leading edge begins to become warped.

I find that ensuring that the tray is correctly positioned and assisting its progress in the initial stages of printing a media disk usually overcomes what is an annoying design fault.

Gongoozler 12:54 13 Jan 2008

Some interesting ideas here as well click here

Gongoozler 12:56 13 Jan 2008

Revised tray design - click here

Gongoozler 13:03 13 Jan 2008

--or if you're in the UK click here

pj123 15:05 13 Jan 2008

"transparent leading edge of the tray"

That means you have the old style tray.

I have two R220s both came with the new style tray and have never had any loading problems at all.

Gongoozler's last two links show the tray that I have.

jack 16:33 13 Jan 2008

GG's two links are interesting- now a mod was mentioned and written about but not illustrated in one the links[the image did not appear for me anyway]
Anyone done one themselves I wonder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?