Epsom printer R800

Way1 14:57 08 Nov 2006

When I print a page/s and then decide to print again in say two minutes, I have to go into the Open all faxes and printers and then restart it from here. The printer won't start for a minute or so. I feel there is a setting that I should be going in to, so that it starts automatically - any ideas folks?
I would add that if I reboot, the printer will start as I would expect it to.

anskyber 15:07 08 Nov 2006

Try the printer test first on page 1/04 click here

anskyber 15:10 08 Nov 2006

Otherwise it could be a driver problem, if you have the disc try an uninstall and re install. there are some drivers patches here.click here

Terry Brown 15:13 08 Nov 2006

It sounds as if your printer has a very low priority setting, and will not start until the buffer is clear (or you force a print. See if there is a setting to change the priority, or try going to device manager, removing the printer then refreshing (or re-boot),so it finds it again and reloads with default.

Just a thought, If it is a USB connection,are you using other USB devices at the same time, as this may be the problem.
Terry

anskyber 15:16 08 Nov 2006

Finally, My printer is a Canon with an autopower function. To check yours (if you have one)
Start, control panel,printers and other hardware, printers and faxes, right click on your printer icon,properties,maintenance, auto power.

I hasten to add you may not have it but its worth a look.

Way1 15:32 08 Nov 2006

Yep, that was it, Terry Brown - you were spot on.
Many thanks to you and to anskyber.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?