Epsom DX8400 printer problem

Dalmation 16:29 29 Jan 2010

I am unable to scan on this printer although the 'Epson Scan' is shown on the desktop. Can anyone tell me what to do please.

ame 21:27 29 Jan 2010

Can you give some more information? - i.e. has this suddenly happened even though it worked before? What happens when you double-click on the Epson Scan icon? click here for latest drivers and software from Epson if you need them.

ame 21:30 29 Jan 2010

Remember to choose the correct operating system on the left hand side before downloading anything.

Dalmation 12:03 30 Jan 2010

Thanks for your response. When I double click on the Epson Scan icon, a message appears 'Epson Scan cannot be started'.
I have had the printer just over a year but only tried to scan last week.
Should have tried it before the warranty ran out!!
Any help would be appreciated.

Dalmation 12:12 30 Jan 2010

Have tried downloading drivers but do not know if my Windows XP Prof. is 32-bit or 64 bit. Any ideas? My booklet says 'Version 2002'

Pamy 12:13 30 Jan 2010

try reinstalling the progs etc that were on the disk supplied with the printer

Dalmation 15:05 30 Jan 2010

Have tried re-installing from the disk supplied with the printer but no luck.

Pamy 13:31 31 Jan 2010

Ensure the printer is switched on and ready. Remove the USB lead from the computer, you should hear a sound that tells you it has disconnected. Now plug it back in, again you should hear a sound that tell you it is connected. If you get a message saying "found new hardware ,waite, if not click on scan again.

Dalmation 15:53 01 Feb 2010

Thank you Pamy. Did as you suggested and it is now working perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone