envelopes and letters settings

rsturbo 21:00 04 Sep 2006

When I address an envelope the last two lines of the address do not print. I can move the address to the right place on the envelope when I print them singly. When i try to programme the computer to print without having to alter the setting each time I cannot do it. It goes back to the default setting and needs changing each time .
any help would be appreciated

howard63 21:04 04 Sep 2006

which prog are you using? word?

rsturbo 09:34 11 Sep 2006

doh! should have said this :)

Eric10 10:25 11 Sep 2006

Open Word 2003 and go to "Tools, Letters and Mailings, Envelopes and Labels" as you normally do. Click the "Options" button and make your custom settings then click "OK". Now click the "Add to Document" button. On the top menu go to "Format, Styles and Formatting" and the pane will appear at the right. Hover your mouse over "Envelope Address" and then click the down arrow that appears and choose "Modify". Tick the "Add to template" box and then click "OK". This will add your changes to the Normal.dot template so they will then be available every time.
If this works for you then keep a note of how to do it because if you ever need to delete normal.dot to cure some other problem then your changes will be lost.

terryf 10:47 11 Sep 2006

Another way to do it that NEVER fails is the old-fashioned pen:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?