envelope printing in word

alan 2273 15:59 24 Sep 2003

I use the envelopes & labels option for addressing my envelopes and before I print it I open up the options and alter the vertical & horizontal font plain so it prints in the middle of the envelope, is their any way I can make the alterations stay as the default settings to save me having to alter them every time I print an envelope.

fitshase 16:14 24 Sep 2003

If you are regularly printing on envelopes then the best way is to type in your addresses, set the font, margin, etc., and then click Add to Document.

This way a document will be created which is the same size as the envelope and with an address box on it which is easily edited.

Save the document as a template and then when you want to do another envelope on another day, open Word and then click File\New.. and select your envelope template.

Regards

Fitshase

MichelleC 16:19 24 Sep 2003

I think you may have to make a template.

alan 2273 16:28 24 Sep 2003

Fitshase how do I save the document as a template, at the moment I have just saved it as a word document but I cannot see how to convert it to a template.
Regards Alan

MichelleC 17:21 24 Sep 2003

Is this any good;

Format envelope addresses
On the Tools menu, click Envelopes and Labels, and then click the Envelopes tab.

If necessary, enter or edit the delivery and return addresses.

Click Options, and then click the Envelope Options tab.

Under Delivery address or Return address, click Font.

On the Font tab, select the options you want.

To use the new address formats for all envelopes you create that are based on the current template, click Default, and then click Yes.

To return to the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, click OK.
Tips
To format individual words in an address, first make sure you attach the envelope to a document instead of printing it right away. Then, select text on the attached envelope and format it as usual.

For another way to change the address formats for all envelopes based on the current template, you can manually modify the envelope address styles. To change the return address format, modify the "Envelope Return" style; to change the delivery address format, modify the "Envelope Address" style.

graham√ 19:47 24 Sep 2003

I find the easiest way is to get the font,spacing and envelope size just right by trial and error. Use the print preview tab and practice on plain paper. Then save the document.

When you need an envelope, open the document and delete the contents. Then type in the new address. The font, etc., should remain the same.

alan 2273 20:04 24 Sep 2003

Thanks for all your answers as soon as I have the time I will give it a go
Regards ALAN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017