envelope printing problem

braiman 16:44 21 Mar 2007

I have recently bought a new epson RX560 all in one printer, delivered 14/03/07. In general terms it is fine, copies and prints photos very well ect. But I have hit one snag, I cannot print an envelope. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and other members of my family have also tried. The printer will not print in the correct orientation with the result that only half the address appears right on the edge of the envelope. I have tried deleting the printer and reloading the software but without success.My PC is not 2 years old yet and has loads of memory with XP OS so I don`t think it is the PC. I have emailed Epson technical helpline 3 times but as of now no reply. any advice please? Rgds Braiman

Pamy 16:57 21 Mar 2007

What program are you using to print your envelope from ie, Word etc

braiman 17:53 21 Mar 2007

I am using Word 8 Braiman

Stuartli 17:54 21 Mar 2007

If you use Word, you can automatically print the address to which the letter is being sent (if it is included in the text) by going to Word's Tools>Envelopes and Labels.

Otherwise type the address into the box.

No doubt other word processors have a similar feature.

Pamy 17:57 21 Mar 2007

follow Stuartli's advice if you have not already tried that. Post back if futher help required

braiman 09:19 22 Mar 2007

I have now succeeded in printing envelopes correctly, many thanks to Stuartli and Pamy. Where I was going wrong was trying to print directly from the printers program which on the face of it should work. I have now followed your good advice and ignored the printer software and printed staight from word. Many thanks to you both, what would I do without your good advise via PC Advisor? Braiman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache