Entry in Startup list not recognised

csqwared 16:15 23 Jan 2005

Hi folks

I'm currently trying to clean up a neighbours machine thats gone on a "go slow". I'm pretty sure I've got rid of the problems apart from this entry in the Startup list which I'm not sure of.

C:\\WINDOWS\Application Data\rwcu.exe with a title of Sese.

I've Googled and looked in the Helproom database with no luck. If it's of relevance it's Win98SE.

Should it be there? What is it?

Thanks

CC

Diodorus Siculus 16:32 23 Jan 2005

Don't know - why not delete it and see if it reappears? Are there any programs on the disk that begin with those initials?

csqwared 16:38 23 Jan 2005

Thanks

Can't see anything in the programmes anything like that. It's a pretty basic set up, she only uses it for surfing (with AOL). Apart from that there's the MS Office suite, Quick Time, & Real Player. I'm a bit loath to delete it in case it is critical. I've used all the usual tools for removing stuff, AVG,Ad-aware,S&D etc. and they've all overlooked it.

CC

Diodorus Siculus 16:41 23 Jan 2005

Well, don't delete it but simply remove the shortcut; if you then find something not working, it can easily go back.

csqwared 16:50 23 Jan 2005

I may have been a bit misleading in my original post. There is no shortcut - the entry just appears in the Startup list accessed through MS Sys.Info/Tools/Sys.Config

VoG II 16:51 23 Jan 2005

Untick it and see what happens.

csqwared 16:55 23 Jan 2005

Thanks VoG. The obvious often eludes me. Done that with no apparent problem. I'll leave it like that and if she has any future problems I can re-instate it. Thanks again.

CC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?