entering to BIOS Setup IBM 2638 A22M notepad

jayatissa 10:18 31 Jan 2010

I got an old Notebook. When it switches on go up to Pree F1> to enter to BIOS and Press F12> select boot up devices and stops at that point. It deos not go further from that point. I can not enter into BIOS set up. The CD drive or the Floppy drives are not working. How can I set BIOS to read the Hard drive when booting. Hard drive is working properly. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:55 31 Jan 2010

Make sure there are no usb devices plugged in and no disks in the drives when you boot.

jayatissa 18:16 01 Feb 2010

Yes I checked. No usb devises are connected and even the Floppy drive is not connected. I removed the CD driver too as I am not sure they are also not functioning properly. Still I get the same screen when starting the computer. It won't go further from that point.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 01 Feb 2010

TRy removing and reseating the ram modules and then see if it will boot.

jayatissa 04:49 10 Feb 2010

No. I did it. The result is same. Could not find the CMOS battery to remove and see. Like to find out the anotomy of the think pad of remove and see. I appreciate more advices before getting in to inside. Thnks.

jayatissa 17:50 14 Feb 2010

When I open the covers I found the CMOS battery is missing. The cause could be that. I want to find a battery and fix it to see whether it will work. Project has to be suspended until I find a battery. Thanks for all your advices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?