enter network password

timber 19:08 28 Sep 2003

after pc has been on for hours getting asked to enter network password.
using XP.
anyone any ideas please.

craig

Lozzy 19:15 28 Sep 2003

tell us more about the network you have is it a HUB or Peer to Peer??

timber 19:18 28 Sep 2003

Lozzy
I am not on any network on stand alone pc home user.

craig

whybe 19:24 28 Sep 2003

You too Craig. I have had long running emails with MS on this (I'm not sure they know the answer) however this is what has been recommended to me. Go into user accounts, choose your name, Top right Manage my network passwords, remove all that it will allow, close and reboot. You will probably get asked for your passwords again, enter and tick remember and that should sort the problem. But, I have found that if you do any major alterations to your system or load new software it may come back and you have to repeat the procedure. Sorry it is not more permanant, I'm not sure I was believed until I sent them a screen shot. Best of luck. Ian

Lozzy 19:26 28 Sep 2003

ok go into Internet Options within either control Panel or Internet Explorer and if your on Dial Up then make sure you only have Only Dial my Connection enabled and if your on Broadband make sure Never Dial a connection is enabled. Also if Broadband click on Lan Settings and make sure Auto Detect settings is enabled.

timber 19:35 28 Sep 2003

whybe and Lozzy

thankyou both for your input have gone for Lozzy at the moment so will see what happens.will click as resolved but maybe back .

craig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone