'Enter Current Password'

stuckhelpmeplease 17:54 01 Mar 2014

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-20D SYSTEM UNIT MODEL NUMBER PSLB8E - 0CK00YEN When I switch on i get a black screen with a blue rectangle saying 'Enter Current Password' No passwords seen to work and I have tried to restore by holding '0' then pressing start button whilst holding down the'0' button but still the 'Enter Current Password' comes on!! Please help

onthelimit1 18:15 01 Mar 2014

If you google 'toshiba laptop enter current password', there are lots of videos that suggest ways to clear the BIOS password when this happens. Have a read while we wait to see if any more specific advice is forthcoming!

onthelimit1 18:24 01 Mar 2014

Found this on a forum - worth a try while we wait"!

Instructions

1 Open your display panel. Hold down the Power button for about three seconds to turn on your Toshiba L300 laptop.

2 Hold down the "ESC" key while the computer is booting up. Press the "F1" key as soon as you hear a faint beep. Release the "ESC" key and press the "F1" key again to enter the BIOS set-up menu.

3 Enter your laptop's default BIOS password if prompted, then press the "Enter" key. The default password is "Toshiba" in all Toshiba-based BIOS chips.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?