Enough?

thetic 11:54 16 Jul 2008

Hi guys i got fed up with av8 so i uninstalled it and i am using Avira now.I also adaware 2008 plus malwarebytes anti malaware and ccleaner. Do you think thats enough? or should i add an antispyware? Thoughts please.

RobCharles1981 12:08 16 Jul 2008

Did you bother to have a look at the search forum in the top right hand side of the page for information???

spuds 12:14 16 Jul 2008

Adding more and more security and protection software, can be (in some cases) a problem ready and waiting to happen. One program might conflict with another, with the end results not actually achieving anything of worth.

On the particular computer I am using 6 anti programs at the moment: Avast, SunBelt, Spyware Terminator, CCleaner and Advanced Window Care 2 Personal. All are free, with regular updates, and the computer is running comfortable and fairly sweet.

thetic 12:19 16 Jul 2008

Cheers spuds.

birdface 12:25 16 Jul 2008

Ad-aware 2008 plus.Does that not run an anti-virus program as well.

audeal 12:30 16 Jul 2008

You can have as many Spyware programs on your computer as you like so long as you do not have them running at the same time. I select "manual" download and scan and therefore run them only when I want them to run, one at a time. I put some time aside so I can run these programs individually. No problems doing it this way. Just have "Spyware Blaster" running in the background to stop spyware getting on your computer in the first place.

Never, Repeat, Never, have two Virus scanners on your computer at the same time as they will definitely clash and give you problems.

thetic 12:45 16 Jul 2008

Yeah i undertand audeal but as buteman says is Ad-aware not act as an Anti-virus as well?

audeal 03:27 17 Jul 2008

Some software can do both. I use Avast for my Virus protection and a veriety of other software for spyware checking and Register cleaning. I never use software which does both as I prefere independent software which I run myself when I want to run it and not setup to run automatically which could prove to be at an awkward time.

sinbads 08:50 17 Jul 2008

My advice would be, not to get paranoid with overprotection.

One good antispyware program.

One good antivirus program.

( or combination program)

One good firewall

And most important Common sense

woodchip 09:02 17 Jul 2008

The only problem with more than one AV is if they both check Memory. If only what checks memory then there is no problems

woodchip 09:04 17 Jul 2008

PS

AV that checks Memory, is also loaded into it when computer starts and is active until PC is shut down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?