enlarge scanned photos

iqs 08:15 14 Sep 2012

Hi, I have scanned some photos which I wish to enlarge to print. I can enlarge on screen,but when I come to print,there are the original size. Im using W7 ,no other editing software installed,but have nero9 reloaded which I can use to view also. Thanks

difarn 08:22 14 Sep 2012

You can enlarge your scanned print in "Paint" - this usually is included in Windows 7 - just click on start and type in Paint.You may find this article of help.

You probably won't get such a good image as if you used a proprietary image editing software package.

BT 08:28 14 Sep 2012

There are a number of good free Image editing packages available

Try Paint.net from Here

john bunyan 08:30 14 Sep 2012

A good free software is paint.net see

Paint.net

Scan at 300 or more dpi(smaller the original, the more dpi) then resize image and finalise it at 300dpi and the size you want to print

john bunyan 08:30 14 Sep 2012

Snap with BE!!

rdave13 09:53 14 Sep 2012

I'll go with Paint Dot Net also.

iqs 10:14 14 Sep 2012

Thank you for the help. I will try paint,and also paint.net Once again many thanks

woodchip 10:55 14 Sep 2012

In your Post you said Print but hear we have posters talking about Paint, Paint is a cheap photo Editing Program. If you want to Print pics better when enlarged you should scan them at higher resolution

woodchip 10:57 14 Sep 2012

PS when Printing, after choose Properties in Print it may allow you to choose the size to print at. I have software that I can scale to print at any resolution

Woolwell 14:24 14 Sep 2012

Like woodchip I am not sure why you need to download another program. If enlarging a picture then it is essential to scan at a high resolution 600 and above. For printing you can open in Windows Photo Gallery and then select print and choose your paper size and scale to fit. This often possible through your printer properties too.

iqs 07:58 17 Sep 2012

Many thanks for the help,used paint.net to enlarge the images,all sorted ,thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?