enhanced cds

hinchie Y2K III 13:17 12 May 2004

Hi All,
My friend has had an enhanced cd with the video of the dance she has to learn sent to her by the manager.
he has given her instructions on how to get it from the cd onto the computer.
However these dont work so she called me.
I tried and to no avail and i tried the unorthodox method of using a ripper still to no avail.
Has anyone any ideas how to do this??
(PS she will kill me if i cant) :-):-)

hinchie Y2K III 13:19 12 May 2004

i have also looked in the download section of the website but not sure if any of these will be any good??

stlucia 13:50 12 May 2004

I'd never heard of "Enhanced cd", but looking it up in Google tells me that it's a generic term covering several types of CD that can contain a mix of music, video, and data. The one thing common to the descriptions I've found for each type is that they play on "most" CD drives and that updated drivers "may" be required.

So, I think a call to the supplier to find out what spec. the CD is, and then a check on driver updates from the manufacturer of your friend's CD drive.

Wes Tam ;-) 15:36 12 May 2004

Has she got Macromedia Shockwave (I think v10 is the latest) installed? I think some enhanced CDs require this.

hinchie Y2K III 15:39 12 May 2004

yeah it all up to date.
the manager told her that she would just be able to copy it straight from the cd???

Stuartli 15:49 12 May 2004

You don't need any driver for a CD/DVD-ROM or rewriter drive other than the basic Windows CDROM driver, which is installed when you first install the drive and New Hardware is detected.

You are probably thinking of firmware.

grey george 15:53 12 May 2004

You could try putting it in a xbox or playstation if you have one.

hinchie Y2K III 15:59 12 May 2004

i will try that grey george tonight.
However it is defeating the object as she has been asked to return the cd as soon as she has copied it across to her PC?
I suppose i am looking for a way to do that

:-)

grey george 17:15 12 May 2004

So are you saying that you cannot read any thing from the cd or that what ever data is on the drive does not open in any of your programmes. If the latter try searching the file extention on google to find out the source programme it was created in.
If the former the cd may be duff or you will have to try as many different drives as can a multiread dvd might do it.

woodchip 17:31 12 May 2004

Have you tried it in your DVD player if you have one through TV

Old Shep 17:32 12 May 2004

As grey george has said does it not read from the CD itself. If you are trying to copy a CD that contains music, video, and data then I think you have little chance of that. I have never found a program that will copy such a disk. The question is why does it not play the CD (is it a copy)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?