English laptop in Spain?

markdavid 15:45 05 Jan 2008

I'm British but live in Spain. I'm looking at buying a laptop for the 1st time. I'd prefer Windows XP.
Does anyone know if I could buy in Spain and still get English as the default language for Windows and software?
I suppose I'm asking if the mayor manufacturers supply laptops with language options built it?
As you can tell, I'm trying to avoid buying one on the internet from a British website, and shipping it here to Spain.

Thanks for any advice.

Clapton is God 15:50 05 Jan 2008

It's nothing to do with what the major manufacturers provide.

The language options are built into the operating system.

So, yes, you can buy in Spain and find options for all languages

Clapton is God 16:28 05 Jan 2008

Do I assume that your green tick is a 'thanks' for my advice??

Technotiger 16:33 05 Jan 2008

Poking my nose in perhaps, but Thanks is in the original post :-)

Clapton is God 16:37 05 Jan 2008

I'm old enough, grumpy enough and been around in these Forums (in various guises) long enough to still expect thanks, in any forum of life, AFTER the event, not before it. ;-)

Technotiger 16:41 05 Jan 2008

Happy New Year :-))

markdavid 17:04 05 Jan 2008

I suspect you haven't been around much longer than I have. And as Technotiger correctly said, I did thank in advance.
What happened to your New Year's resolution about being considerate to people?

(By the way, I was rushing out on an emergency, so didn't have time for profuse thanks.)

Clapton is God 17:12 05 Jan 2008

I've been around in these Forums in various guises since, to be precise, 23 August 2002.

And you?

I don't 'do' New Year's resolutions and, unless people are considerate to me, they get very short shrift in return.

Quiet Life 18:28 05 Jan 2008

I think that you will find as in Portugal major manufacturers only sell operating systems in the language of the country. Acer were doing a special students edition last year for Banco Santander and this was with XP Media Center with the option to have on first boot Sapaish,Portuguese or English.
Sony laptops with XP Professional also gave the English option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?