Endless Problems

Peter-200561 07:14 06 May 2004

Fujitsu 600 Pentium4 XP 256 Ram Anti Virus installed 6 in 1 card reader
For several weeks i have had numerous problems, which may or may not be related.
Resumé
Cannot anylse /defragment at all. A recent defrag shareware trial has ended (diskeeper 7). The prog has been deleted but does not remedy the problem.
Cannot deplace icons with mouse;
Cannot copy files on to CD even though it plays ok.
Endless script error messages.
Internet links just freeze.
Photo Flash Reader drive works when it feels like it.
I have done all the usual internal file checks, cleaned the registry etc.
Do i need to reformat as nothing else seems to work. The various problems seem to be so varied.

Any thoughts anyone?

Pete

User-312386 08:16 06 May 2004

go to start run and type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /)

Pop in your XP disc and this should replace any lost files

Peter-200561 20:15 06 May 2004

Thanks for your info. I did what you suggested. The defrag,icon and CD bug seems to be fixed. The card reader still shows no sign of life.
The Office programs -Word, Excel etc are telling me to insert the Office CD to install these programs, is this a by product of the "fix".
Thanks
Pete

User-312386 21:11 06 May 2004

it could be that some of the original files have been overwritten and yes i would pop in the disc to re-install office, it will probably give you an option to repair when the disc is in

Peter-200561 20:07 08 May 2004

Thanks for your help i will re-install office on Monday.
One other question, my previous computer had 2000 Prof. I took the Hard drive out and installed in my present system. Simple me thought i could choose between 2000+XP by selecting the relevant drive. The added drive will throw up all my documents pictures and other programs but nothing Window based-2000 or Office.
Is it possible to do what i thought was possible?

Cheers
Pete

ste_bla 20:56 08 May 2004

if you put the second drive as slave (theres pins and a toggle thing on the drive) you could read the files but dont know how u would run the diff o/s and select between

Cesar 10:34 10 May 2004

It's a good thing to post your thread on the Fujitsu Siemens Forum: click here

Peter-200561 18:23 10 May 2004

Thanks for link, i found someone who had the same problem as mine with the 6in1 reader, will try the fix;
The forum is not the easiest to read if you think you need glasses, now i know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?