Encredimail to sky.com

dtw 20:51 27 Jun 2008

I have just moved from blueyonder to sky.com can I use incredemail with sky and if so how do I go about it.
thanks in advance
DTW

Technotiger 21:06 27 Jun 2008

I don't think you can - I use Incredimail and have looked in the FAQ's, there is no mention of Sky at all.

dtw 21:28 27 Jun 2008

thanks I tried to use hotmail but that does not use pop3 but from what I can make out sky does use pop3 so I'm hoping some one can come up with an answer
DTW

Technotiger 21:30 27 Jun 2008

I use hotmail with Incredimail.

MAT ALAN 21:47 27 Jun 2008

You can configure incredimail to work with sky by doing the following...

your account name is your sky e-mail address

Server Info is pop.tools.sky.com
smtp.tools.sky.com

Advanced Port Nos. Outgoing 465
Incoming 995

dtw 23:38 27 Jun 2008

Thanks Mat Alan, but I'm afraid my knowledge as a silver surfer does not enable me to follow your instructions, when looking under the sky.com I can't find the tools to get to the server info ? ?
where am I going wrong.
DTW

numskull 08:49 28 Jun 2008

I use Incredimail with Sky. Open Incredimail then got to tools, accounts then click add. Your settings are as above in Mat Alan's post.

MAT ALAN 12:13 28 Jun 2008

click here

the link will show you where to go, use the info from my first post...

dtw 16:10 28 Jun 2008

Many thanks to both Technotiger and Mat Alan, I did everything as you said but found I was getting socket error 10050 port995 protocol pop. and looking back I found that....properties/server showed server url- http//sky.com. but the server type was Hotmail in dark black letters (can't erase it.) I think this is because before my Son in Law went on Holiday he attempted to change to hotmail, with no success. can this be remedied or do I have to change to an hotmail account
Yours in desperation DTW

numskull 09:25 30 Jun 2008

In Incredimail/tools/accounts/properties/advanced have you ticked "this server requires a secure connection" for both incoming and outgoing mail?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?