Encoding email addresses to prevent spam

Awestruck 11:16 20 Aug 2006

For along while I was able to successfully use ascii encoded email addresses on my many websites to prevent spam. The encoding took the form info@isp When the visitor clicks 'Send', something(in Outlook Express?)now blocks the email. A 'Check Names'window pops up saying No matches found for info@ '
I am busily changing all the addresses to pictures but this is a poor substitute for a clickable link. I do not want to use javascript for several reasons.
Can anyone suggset another way of encoding several email address on a single page?
Awestruck

harristweed 14:46 20 Aug 2006

This is easy and clever!
click here

anchor 16:52 20 Aug 2006

Try this; it`s the one I use for a single address. No problems.

click here

Awestruck 19:40 21 Aug 2006

Thank you for your prompt answers.
The answer from anchor is the one that no longer works with internet explorer/Outlook Express.

I will look into the answer provided by harris tweed. and let you know shortly.

Awestruck

anchor 12:39 22 Aug 2006

Awestruck: I have not tried it with Outlook Express, but it certainly still works with IE and Outlook 2003.

Just tried it again; no problem.

anchor 12:45 22 Aug 2006

Awestruck: I had a thought and just tried it using my notebook which uses IE and Outlook Express.

Again no problem, OE was launched and the correct e-mail address entered as the recipient.

Awestruck 21:41 22 Aug 2006

Harristweed, Your suggested solution was great fun but it did not provide a live link.

Anchor: Thanks for trying the ascii solution. I must be doing something wrong. I will try it again and let you know what the problem was.

Thank you both for your interest and help

Awestruck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?